Power tracks Problemos

bogart69

I am a Newbie for sure..Tried N tracks and it crashed immediately,read the rave reviews about Power tracks Pro so I bought it..have the drum track down but every time I try to record (either guitar direct or vocals thru mic),eventually it crashes.It may go 5, 10 or 20 seconds but it will crash.I read the troubleshooting but cant make heads or tails out of it.It says something about Irq2 conflicting but I cannot find anything using Irq2.
I am using an IBM aptiva 233mmx with 32 megs of ram.All the recording tests I have run were fine.If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.I dont feel like spending another grand on a mixer...Thanks

I would guess after having two stable programs crash, that you have something very basic wrong with your system. Certainly software is not the cause of interrupt problems!

This has nothing to do with music or recording; it's a computer problem. I can tell you that the Control Panel/System applet might be able to figure out where your conflict is, but if you can't do this on your own you should check out a few general computer sites or books for hints. If you have Norton Utilities that can solve a lot of Windows problems, but interrupt problems are a hardware conflict and very basic. Even so, it might be a Windows config problem making things look like an interrupt problem somehow.

Back