Podhd500x

Zydrus

I've been thinking about getting one of the PODHD500X's and have some questions about them. I've tried to find some of these answers but haven't been able to so far. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what are your thoughts. I have a really nice pedal board right now (Furman SBP-8) and only have a few effects that I use. I have a delay, chorus, flanger, wah, and tuner on it. So I'm not a huge effects guy and currently use my amps distortion.

However I have started taking on lead vocal duties myself and I find it difficult to tap dance on my pedal board and sing at the same time. So I like the idea of being able to set up different patches for different songs where I can switch multiple effect at the push of a button. But also be able to use it as a regular pedal board and switch in and out certain effects at will.

A few questions I have:

Number 1 is of course how good does it sound in a live setting? I've heard clips and YouTube videos but I'm never sure how much post processing has been done on them.
Is the unit built well enough to stand up to gigging?
It comes with POD Farm and I know you can use it for recording but does it also include POD Farm as a VST plug in or would you have to buy it separately.
Kind of an addition to question #1 for the guys that gig with it. Have you done away with your amps and just started running strait into the PA or power amp into a cab?

As to the sound - can you get the tones you want out of it, that's all that really matters - go to a store, plug some headphones in (so you are not getting amp color) and try it out.

Back