Please Critique the Hard Rock Tune, "I Feel the Need (For Speed)"

Crazy Luke

Please let me know what's good and bad about this mix.thx

Attachments

• I Feel the Need Mix 49 .mp3
    4.9 MB · Views: 37
Listened on HP's and on speakers.

HP- pretty clean, nice and balanced. This mix works really nice in the HP's overall.

Speaker - Sub bass is a little rumbly, not super bad, but the kick is hitting my sub pretty heavy. Other than that, sounds good on the full speaker set.

Overall, very clean mix, I am not a big fan of 80's and hair bands, but you pull it off. Great mix.

WoW !! This is pretty F'n good sounding over my large cranking old school home stereo system w/subs ! As mentioned above very clean and clear. I'd personally like to hear a bit more of the bass guitar to "fatten" it up some. Guitar tones all sound great and come across strong as do the vocals hi low and inbetween drums dynamic and strong. Very clean and clear. Great mix

I was vibe'n some old school NWOBHM favs of mine like SAXON, KROKUS before they fell into a can of hairspary and were doused in fringe !!

The mix sounds indistinct. During most of the song, none of the instruments are pushing to the front. The listener needs something to focus on. The bass is low, guitars are low. The vocals are clear but need support. Ordinarily I like to hear some space around the lead vocal, but I think you're pushing it too far.

Here, check this mix and let me know if it addesses your concerns.

The mix sounds indistinct. During most of the song, none of the instruments are pushing to the front. The listener needs something to focus on. The bass is low, guitars are low. The vocals are clear but need support. Ordinarily I like to hear some space around the lead vocal, but I think you're pushing it too far.
Here's a mix with the more volume on the bass and guitar. Let me know if the lead vox still rides on top. thx

Attachments

• I Feel the Need Mix 52.mp3
    8.1 MB · Views: 13
Anyone else reminded of Limozeen?

The second mix is better than the first, but it's still pretty messy. Nothing seems to have its own space, so everything conflicts with everything else. I'd recommend reading some tutorials on EQ.
There's also probably too many FX on the vocals. They're pretty muddy.

Anyone else reminded of Limozeen?

The second mix is better than the first, but it's still pretty messy. Nothing seems to have its own space, so everything conflicts with everything else. I'd recommend reading some tutorials on EQ.
There's also probably too many FX on the vocals. They're pretty muddy.

+1

Strange, the vocals sound both overpowering at points and yet sound compressed in others...the word "feel" almost always hits too hard. Lead guitar tone is really fizzy.

Bass really works. Some nice playing and a beauty growl at 1:23. Drums sound well done. Vocals are superb (with the above caveat)! Good guitar tones (again, with the above caveat).
Really like the song...I seem to like all your stuff Luke. :)

Back