Pick up for 12 string Fender acoustic

rayc

retroreprobate
Hello folks,
I have a Fender 12 string acoustic - gift from the wife some years ago -and I was interested in what type of soundhole pickup I'd need to use with it.
I have an old Schaeller western pickup from the mid 90's but it's intended for a 6 string - works pretty well on a 6 actually. On a 12 the b throught to & including A strings come through well but the Es are in limbo.
I'm not interested in spending big money as my talent with the 12 is less than modest.
Any suggestions?

From my experience, I would recommend the Fishman Matrix Infinity pick-up/preamp system. I have one installed in a Yamaha 12-string and love it. Be sure to use a lithium battery or you will always be changing batteries which can be a hassle. The Fishman has controls which install in the soundhole. It has a Volume control and a Tone control with a bass-boost switch. The tone control is active which basically acts as a mid-range scoop. Since mid-range is the frequency area which causes the piezo "quack," I've found rolling it to the full setting gives a more natural sound.

Back