Paying to Promote

For such small money, do it. You really don't have much to lose. If your song(s) are gonna be on a compilation CD of some sort that get released everywhere it's a lot of promotion for you. Also if you are on a compilation with other great artists, I think that bodes well for your rep rather than hinders it.

I wouldn't do it out of principal. There's a lot of cute girls around here that think they're the voice of god because they have an internship on an ezine and an associates degree in writting trying to pull crap like this. Even if it is a good deal hes making them money provided they like the music. Around here they have so many scams going from "pay us 1000 and we'll sign you to our label" to "pay us 200 and we'll write a tasteful review" to "pay us 200 to be in our talent show where you can win studio time"

For such small money, do it. You really don't have much to lose. If your song(s) are gonna be on a compilation CD of some sort that get released everywhere it's a lot of promotion for you. Also if you are on a compilation with other great artists, I think that bodes well for your rep rather than hinders it.

Did you even read the rest of the thread?

Back