Pair of Event 20/20 BAS (Biamplified Monitors)

Executivos

I'm selling my pair of Event 20/20 BAS's. These things sound great and are very accurate. They are in excellent condition and have been used off and on for about a year. There is no "curious fingers damage" ie: dust caps or tweeters pushed on etc. I upraded to them from passsive event 20/20's and these were a huge improvement. A friend is getting me a deal on some new jbls which are well over twice the price of these so I'm going for it, if I could afford to, I'd keep them both.

ALSO I have an extra, unused woofer and an extra unused tweeter for them which I will include all for free. At one point with my old unpowered 20/20's I thought a tweeter had blown. I called event, they sent me a tweeter for free, but when it showed up it was the woofer. I called them back, they said to keep it and sent me the tweeter. Turned out the tweeter was fine so now I have an extra set. Since the 20/20's and 20/20 BAS use the same speakers, I kept them when I upgraded.

$525, shipping is included in that...they're kind of heavy. I'm in LA if anyone wants to pick them up. (If you do, $500 instead)

Ummm, $500 is kind of a high asking price for a pair of original 20/20bas monitors.

I bought my pair "brand new" for $520.

Last edited:
hmmm..not quite sure why you're posting if you already have a pair, but thanks for that. What do you mean "brand new"? If you mean actually brand new, musicians friend has them BRAND NEW for $899. The new jbls I just got (from the factory) are not as good of condition as these so you can decide how new they are.

There's an auction for a used pair on ebay that closed for $511, and they didn't include a free woofer and a free tweeter.

I'm glad you're playing gear-market-police. It's a hall monitor thing right? Again, thanks for that.

Executivos said:
hmmm..not quite sure why you're posting if you already have a pair, but thanks for that. What do you mean "brand new"? If you mean actually brand new, musicians friend has them BRAND NEW for $899. The new jbls I just got (from the factory) are not as good of condition as these so you can decide how new they are.

There's an auction for a used pair on ebay that closed for $511, and they didn't include a free woofer and a free tweeter.

I'm glad you're playing gear-market-police. It's a hall monitor thing right? Again, thanks for that.

If you're referring to these 20/20's then you're talking about a set of Event 20/20 bas V2, which is a newer, upgraded, much more expensive set of monitors than the first generation Event 20/20bas monitors.

That's why my post says that your asking price is high for an "original" set of 20/20's. Event has since completely redone these monitors and jacked up the price and now call them "Event 20/20bas V2" (which stands for "Version 2").

Last edited:
Buck62 said:
If you're referring to these 20/20's then you're talking about a set of Event 20/20 bas V2, which is a newer, upgraded, much more expensive set of monitors than the first generation Event 20/20bas monitors.

Thats funny...because if you look at musicians friend the sell both versions, v1 and v2....and the funny part is that they are the same price. (I don't know where you got "MORE" expensive from)

see for yourself:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/601572/

They are both a list price of 1099 and a sale price of 899. See, just because a new version is released, it doesn't necessarily mean it's incredibly better. Sometimes they'll change the way they build something so that the profit margin is bigger and call it v2. They might even tell you it's better. It's called marketing. I'd note that MF is sold out of the v1 and have v2 in stock. Which ones do you think they are still selling? If there was no demand, it would have been discontinued.

Look into u87's, 414's, and countless other pieces of old gear that has new versions released. Don't even try to tell me that a brand new les paul is better than one from the 70's and that the 70's one is better than a 50's one.

My speakers are version 1. The ones on ebay for $511 are version 1. There was also an auction for ONE 20/20 bas version 1 that sold for $270. Maybe it's overpriced for homerecording.com, but I don't think it's overpriced for the product.

Interestingly enough, only Musiciansfriend has the original versions (new) still available. Nobody else has got 'em.

I guess that's why they can jack up the price and ask whatever they want? :eek:

I checked my old receipt and I was wrong, though. I actually paid $550 for my pair of 20/20bas when I bought them new. I re-edited my post down because it was waaay too long and windy to make a simple point. As I originally said before, I'm not here to hijack your thread, or confuse the masses, for that matter.

You're right.

$500 is a great price for a used set of V1 20/20's.

I'm now going to send myself to the blackboard to write "I will mind my own business!" 500 times. :o

Last edited:
If you are not having any luck selling the 20/20's, would you be interested in selling the spare woofer? I put a great hole in mine, and it was a brand new (2 weeks old) replacement!!

Or do you think Event would send me one free or for a small price??

Mr Funk said:
If you are not having any luck selling the 20/20's, would you be interested in selling the spare woofer? I put a great hole in mine, and it was a brand new (2 weeks old) replacement!!

Or do you think Event would send me one free or for a small price??
not if it's damaged like that. I pmd shackrock, I'll let you know.

Back