pa mixer

Geez, dude, some times it takes a few days for the people who are even slightly qualified to reply or even just SEE a post.

Google the products you are considering, with "review" after the product name. That will give a relative idea. Not ragging on you, but you seem to be kinda all over the map on what you are interested in- go to a music store that has a pro audio section- go on a weekday, not an evening or Saturday- and have a chat with someone there. That should help you narrow your search down, a bit.

But, the two units are fairly similar, so I'll take a shot. Although I think Yammie makes better gear, in general, there are two things about the Soundcraft that I like- scratch that, ONE thing- that all 16 channels have pre-amps. I think it's cheesing out to call a board "16 channels" unless you can connect 16 MICROPHONES to it. OTOH, claiming to have "directs outs" and burying the reality- that your products only has TWO- is cheesy, too.

If you can find one, a Mackie VLZ1604-PRO, (only go with the made in USA ones, NOT the China's) will do you in good stead. Might cost you almost as much as either of those two boards, even though it will be used, but Sam Ash Music will sometimes sell you a service warranty on gear you bought elsewhere, which would give you a bit of peace of mind.

Last edited:
Geez, dude, some times it takes a few days for the people who are even slightly qualified to reply or even just SEE a post.

He had originally posted in Digital Recording and Computers and so it was suggested he try another forum since his question had nothing to do with digital recording or computers.

Glad it helped. Really, all the manufacturers watch each other very closely, so features on one will be very much like the others. Most everything is made in China, too, so that leaves you price, company reputation and new/used as your primary criteria. That was behind my recommendation for Yammie over Soundcraft (if buying new) and made-in-USA Mackie if you can find it. I don't hate Soundcraft, btw, we own two older British-made Soundcraft boards, and they are fine. I just think that 99.9% of consumer and pro-sumer equipment is almost all just alike once you get deeper than the printing of the "maker." There was even a rumor that early China-made Mackie boards were made at the same plant as Behringer boards, and the Mackies had the same "heat up and shut down during a show" problem. I guess manuf. "A" could demand higher quality control from a plant then manuf. "B" does, but I wonder if that really happens to any degree.

Sorry...I didn't see this question originally.

For me, both are good, rugged mixers for PA use but the Soundcraft wins it (only by a nose) on the sound quality and the usefulness of the channel EQ.

I hope that agrees with your review research!

So would I, Henry...but it tends to be in a rather higher price range. If the OP can afford it then yeah, definitely.

you nailed it.. after doing a little more research, for a few dollars more the new a
&h mizwiz3 is definitely it! thanks.... any thoughts on powered pa speakers? currently looking at jbl eon 515xt, peavey pv115d, ev elx115p, and seismic audio ,,don't remember the model but they sure are cheap for a pair. junk or not?

Last edited:
Back