Our bass player shows up last night with a "JAM HUB"

Awww.. what a cute little thing. :) Did you run all your instruments DI into it or what? And non-image attachments are ridiculous lately... Might have to use soundcloud or one of those filehosting places.

Yea the SoundCloud link works. That sounds a lot better than I was expecting, honestly. Why is the recording mono, though?

i had my recorder set to mono but didnt notice until the end =/

we are all very impressed with the sound......

When you record, is that multitrack?

not sure what multitrack is exactly? we just all plugged in, set levels about right and played,

and recorded it .......

would be nice to adjust levels of each (multitrack??) after the fact...... but not possible with this unit afaik?

I think you got what he meant - like does it record multiple tracks into your computer. Its just the stereo mix, though, right? or in this case mono.

The people demand a stereo example, btw! It really does sound good for what it is. Stereo mix!

That's a decent mix for first "live to two track" or mono as the case may be. For practice and brain storming tune ideas that's pretty cool.

well jammed. Might be a good way to train band members that Everything As Loud As Everything Else isn't good.
You'd have to possess long cabled headphones wouldn't you?
Interesting - at least it allows people to perform TOGETHER!

i decided to try a cheaper 4 track instead of a $400 zoomr16, ended up with a fostex MR-8 HD for $120 shipped (e bay) did my first recording last night, nice to have the ability to 'mix' a little after the fact,

bass is DI, 3 mics in the room, 1 hanging on the lead guitar amp, 2 kinda aiming at vocals pa and 2nd guitar and drums.

im very interested in any tips and advice anyone can offer to get a 'better' end sound, im pretty happy but im sure some people have knowledge i can use

Fostex by meuwzikizlife on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The JamHub is designed as a "silent" rehearsal studio, but it works for a lot more. It can be used to drive in-ear monitors with individual mixes (up to 11), and can be used as a splitter for a "broadcast box" to send audio to different locations. Although it's not a true interface, it can be used for recording scratch tracks to dub over. There's a new product called the MT-16 from the same people that will do 16 channel multi-tracking to SD card, though. It's pretty cool also.

Back