One guitar output..to two lines, one through a droptune, the other normal..combined to one input

CRobichaud

I should be able to figure this ou, but i’m going to ask..I cannot find a harmonizer that doesn’t sound synth like…AND, i’ve tried them all..So i figured the Digitech droptuner, tracks pretty perfectly..so how can i split my guitar signal out, then recombine it??

If you choose a pedal that is meant to do harmonies, it would have a mix control built in.

As it is, you should be able to use a y cable before the drop to split the signal, then an ABY switch after the drop to select just guitar, just drop or both.

Recently read a review of the ehx intelligent harmony machine and it sounded quite good to me (not synth like).

If you have a chorus pedal that puts out stereo, like the Liquid Chorus, you could run it through one side and plug both sides into the two inputs of an amp.

Are you trying to use it for harmony or as a octave drop?

My Zoom R24 has an effect called Octaver. It drops everything by one octave. It came in useful one night when I didn't have a bass guitar handy. Just record a guitar part and run it though the Octaver.... presto! Instant bass guitar. It wouldn't be a stretch to use it to double up a guitar/bass line. Just duplicate the track and apply the Octaver to one. The bass and guitar are now playing the same runs in perfect sync.

Back