On The Edge

Great song, everything sounds balanced well. I might take a little of the boom out of the bass but that may be down to my listening environment.

Thanks easlern - yes bass varies depending on the speakers etc so it's tough to make it the same on every system. But we still try - I think we listen on 5 or 6 different sets of speakers as well as hp and it's never the same sound lol. Frustrating to say the least :D:D:D:D Anyway appreciate the listen.

Cool, man. Here are my thoughts. It's late, and I've been mixing clients' work all day, so my ears might be on the fritz, so take these with a grain of salt.

1. I think the snare is being plagued by combing effects. It's probably out of phase with the overheads. I'd try to line them up, if you're familiar with how to do it.
2. There's something going on with the overheads. I'm not hearing nearly as much hi-hat as I am cymbals, and the way they were recorded, I should be hearing a lot more hats and a lot less cymbals. Because...
3. The crash cymbals are too loud. I can hear the crashes plain as day, and the snare gets lost in the mix often (probably due to the 'out-of-phase-ness'). This shouldn't happen.
4. My ears are shot, and I'll take a fresh listen to this soon, and probably find that everything I'm saying is a load of horse-pucky.

Got nothin' but love for you guys. Keep at it. I love doing drums for your music.

hey, great mix! nice track too. I sensed it was lacking (slightly) some top shine that sometimes comes from that master EQ shelving boost around 10-12khz or so. It actually sounds a little like everything has a LP filter on it. But really, it's still very good. In my opinion, I think some top end shine is all it needs. great works. is that your vocal? sorry ido, can't remember if you're a one-man-show or part of a band

Back