OMG check this guy out ..... !!!

Wow.....

... is it cold there?? What's with the sweater???

Seriously. Did you see him switch hands at the 2:30 mark?? Cool.

If Lt Bob doesn't mind...

Here's something along the same vein. Just something popped up after watching the Stick video....

(Skip ahead a minute or so...)

I don't know...the stick looks amazing but I'm not convinced by it - or rather the playing of it. The 2nd fellow - the instrument is pretty poor there were so many level differences in the notes he played - like he needed an inbuilt compressor for the bass strings or something.
I really don't get it. Why not build in midi triggers for drums as well get the entire Walter Torre thing going properly.

If Lt Bob doesn't mind...

Here's something along the same vein. Just something popped up after watching the Stick video....

(Skip ahead a minute or so...)
very cool .... thanks for adding that.

I do think a compressor is a needed thing for the stick.
That second stick didn't look like a Chapman ..... I've never seen him use regular bass looking p'ups before.

But I don't know too much about them.

I'd never even heard of this instrument before. Amazing. Thanks for sharing it. I'm curious about the dynamics of the Stick. In some ways it reminds me of the difference between a harpsichord and a piano -- the piano was originally called "pianoforte" because it could play soft and loud. It does seem a talented player can introduce some dynamic variation. I wonder if the Railboard allows for greater dynamic range. Regardless, what an incredible, unique sound!

It sounds like a couple of fender telecasters to me. It's like a double maple neck Tele ...except the necks are really close together.

If they weren't so expensive, I'd buy one.:cool:

Screw it, I don't have the time to build one.

Not much to making one though.

First clip is amazing, the arrangement of the bass, chords and melodies are beautiful.

Back