old school customer service

Walter Tore

I have been dealing with Sweetwater Music for a few years. They have shipped things out incredibley fast, given me discounts on my purchases, and stood behind their products like no other music store I have dealt with. If you noticed, I haven't been posting many songs the last few days. I found a nice (used and cheap) recording desk that will hold my computers, monitors, speakers, and has a ton of rack space for my preamps, compressors, and interface. Without going into details (will make me too sad......) I dropped the interface moving it. It is about a month old and cost me almost a grand. I called sweetwater and found out if they could repair it. They said MOTU, the brand of it, could, but it would cost. Then their manager called and said because I am a loyal customer they would ship me a brand new one for free along with a return postage label. That is old school customer service. I reccomend them to anyone buying musical gear. Walter

This post deserves at least one reply- good to hear about a primarily internet company giving good CS.

I'll reply as well. I've never had anything but excellent experiences with Sweetwater. Most companies are nice to deal with when you're buying something, a truly special one makes life better when things didn't work out as planned.

Sweetwater is amazing
I feel guilty whenever I have to order a stand or something from somewhere else.
Great service and they're constantly informing me of order status.
I ordered a mic that was backordered for a month. The called me weekly for 2 weeks until it arrived at my doorstep with extra candy :p.

It arrived EARLIER than their projected time, as opposed to Musicians Friend. I had strings on backorder once (I ordered in August and they were supposed to arrive in September... THEY ARRIVED THE WEEK AFTER CHRISTMAS. And it's not like they were obscure strings, they were stupidly popular Ernie Ball strings) and they didnt update me at all.

We always look forward to the candy here at the shop when opening a box from SW. Almost as good as opening a package from Zen Audio and getting a big old bag of coffee to throw in the espresso machine!

Back