Office cubicle panels for gobos?

bluesfordan

have a company nearby that is unloading its cube farm walls, are these suitable for using as gobos? I'll have a 15' x 22' room, laminate floor, 2x4 framed walls with sheet rock, drop ceiling with insulation above. Would these work as they are, or are modifications recommended?

like these

alt=

Yup ! I used to have a bunch and mine were only four foot tall. But they made a huge difference.

I thought about using them when I retired and closed my business, but I never tried them because my studio is so well treated and I love the recordings I get in there.

They'll take a bit of HF away, but have no effect at all below speech frequencies. Even the HF reduction looks minimal, they're not very thick.

Every time I see the word 'gobo' mentioned, here in the UK, they're for lights! We somehow never used them for acoustic panels in offices!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 07.07.43.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 07.07.43.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 13
I have several that I got when we closed up a plant. They seemed to work great for making a controlled vocal area, probably helping with minimizing flutter echo. I don't know about bass and drums, as I haven't had any drums in the basement since I got them.

Back