Oddball Covers-Post 'em if you got 'em

Not odd but definitely cool. If you cover something well known, you can be a slave to detail or put your own stamp on things. Your stamp sounds great.

It's funny. You sound like somebody and I can't quite place it. I want to say the Meat Puppets. But maybe I just like saying Meat Puppet. :)

Well thanks for that review there, dwillis,
appreciate it.
you get that i wasn't trying to 'cover' the cover, that's cool.
meat puppets, is probably NOT the name of the band you are thinking of!!
LOL,
don't get me wrong, i dig MP....

Whats with all you little girls posting MP3's that we have to download to frickin listen to Damnit Jim it's 2019!

Fer Cripes sake!

OK I'll play... It's been too long to remember which member it was that inspired me here....but it was a member here..that did Bob Dylan's "Like a rolling Stone" a little different...I was inspired and one day coming home from work came to find that I could sing like a crazy person if I was willing to rip my vocal chords into shreds..so I pulled up to the house...ran back to the "studio" and laid down a rough track......OUCH! went back the next day with torn vocal chords and recorded one more time LIVE

Y'all know Dylans and Hendrix's version and now frickin Tomco's interpretation of the classic........

Really cool!

Me likey! Damn fine live version there buddy!

Revisiting this thread and didn't see this til now. Thanks TAE. Nice take on your version of Rolling Stone, too. Liked that approach and vibe.

Also Gonzo's version of Highway Star is always enjoyable. I seem to remember hearing that one a few years ago.

Cheers y'all.

Ok, for some reason the Soundcloud link won't work so here's an alternate. EDIT: This is how I thought the song should have been done in the first place. ;)

The Letter

Back