NPD (New Plugin Day)

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I just purchased the Lexicon PCM Bundle for half price (500). Sucks that it needs an ilok. They sound really really good so far, guess I'll be doing a lot of playing around to find my favorite settings. I may be busy for a few years remixing everything....

Last edited:
I just purchased the Lexicon PCM Bundle for half price (500). Sucks that it needs an ilok. They sounds really really good so far, guess I'll be doing a lot of playing around to find my favorite settings. I may be busy for a few years remixing everything....

Not sure what other reverb plugs you own....but if you have some other good ones, I would be curious how much the Lexicon stuff outshines it....or not....?

I was looking at some of the Lexicon PCM plugs....but I have quite a bit of reverb options already, so I wasn't sure if it was worth getting in addition to.

I was looking at some of the Lexicon PCM plugs....but I have quite a bit of reverb options already, so I wasn't sure if it was worth getting in addition to.

I've got the Lexi LXP bundle, and it shines. I like it better than the native verbs in Audition, for instance, and they're perfectly serviceable. I've also got the Valhalla reverbs (room and vintage) and I like them, but they're not better than the Lexi plugs, just different. The Lexi plugs have such a varied palette of presets that I usually don't have to tweak much except a bit of decay and highcut filter usually - just dial in the desired amount on the send. Sweet.

I posted a mix in the clinic if anyone wants to hear how they sound...I've just scratched the surface of all the presets.

you chose well, the PCM native reverb is hands down the best sounding reverb without using hardware I've heard yet, the vintage plate is awesome, I find myself using that one the room and hall more than any other.

I've got the Lexi LXP bundle, and it shines.

I'm curious how the LXP reverb plugs compare to the PCM reverb plugs?
I see that the PCM offers 7 reverb types and the LXP offers 4.....so are the 4 taken from the PCM or different altogether? The marketing text just refers to them as "legendary Lexicon" reverbs...and no real comparison info.

I personally don't need the FX bundle, just 2-3 reverbs....a plate, and a couple of halls.
With that, I can tweak the parameters to create enough other flavors for my use.

My dilemma is that I have some nice sounding ITB reverbs already....so not sure where the Lexicon plugs would fall, but more than that, I still do most of my mixes OTB, so a hardware Lexicon PCM 80 is more on my radar than the plugs.....but mmmmmmmm......Audio Deluxe has some sales right now on the Lexicon stuff. :)

I've got the Lexi LXP bundle, and it shines. I like it better than the native verbs in Audition, for instance, and they're perfectly serviceable. I've also got the Valhalla reverbs (room and vintage) and I like them, but they're not better than the Lexi plugs, just different. The Lexi plugs have such a varied palette of presets that I usually don't have to tweak much except a bit of decay and highcut filter usually - just dial in the desired amount on the send. Sweet.

you chose well, the PCM native reverb is hands down the best sounding reverb without using hardware I've heard yet, the vintage plate is awesome, I find myself using that one the room and hall more than any other.

You can get the Lexicon plugins for half price right now on their website.

What they said.

That's all I use Valhalla and PCM90. Can't add much more to ido , Btyre and dobro's observations other than The Lex just sounds right. Most of the other verb plugs stand the hair up on my neck, there is something "not right" about them.

I downloaded the UltraChannel yesterday...and it installed easy enough.

Haven't used it on any audio...but overall, I thought the graphic interface was comfortable on the eyes and well layed out for the number of items that were available. I'm sure the audio quality is going to be decent enough coming from Eventide.

Heck....being "FREE"....you can't really complain about anything. :)

Its very good...the delay has some clever routing where you can loop the other modules into the delays feedback chain. The micro pitch is excellent, especially on instruments like guitars. The opressors great as well. Being able to change the modules order is a plus point too.

I compared it side by side with the Presonus fat channel and it was a bit more CPU intensive and turning off modules made no difference but its more flexible and sounded great considering its a port of a 2007 TDM plug...

Back