NOW IN POSSESSION OF 3 TASCAM 122 MK IIIs, (PIC)

westgate

ɹǝʎɐld ɹǝpuǝ&#6
won 'em off the bay place, all 3 for $94 plus $80 s&h. a STEAL imo. (~$1400 each when new).

1st one came tues, other 2 today, via ups. very well packed and very clean right out of the boxes.
on all 3 i cleand heads, capstan, loaded a tape, and all transport functions of all 3 decks work perfectly.
only issues are meter lamps are out on the 2 decks that came today, no biggie.

and these babies do sound good. maybe better than my naks.:eek:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm envious, except I don't envy the inevitable decision of, "What do I do with three identical cassette decks?" :D:p

Any plans for them?

Congrats! I'm envious, except I don't envy the inevitable decision of, "What do I do with three identical cassette decks?" :D:p
Any plans for them?
yeah, i plan on glomming onto a few 12 space racks and adding a 3x1 switcher, and a led ladder vu meter, and listening to them.

the same goes for my 4 nakamichi mr-1s.

til i decide i got too many decks!:eek: then, who knows...

Let me just take this opportunity to say you suck!:D

Seriously man, excellent score! All I've got is a 122b and a MR-2.:(

after having had the tascams for a month or so, i have to say my naks sound a little bit better, after all. slightly more clarity and definition.
the tascams still sound very good, tho.

after having had the tascams for a month or so, i have to say my naks sound a little bit better, after all. slightly more clarity and definition.
the tascams still sound very good, tho.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any time to put my 122b and MR-2 head to head (pardon the pun) and see which one sounds better. There is a 122mkIII for sale locally and I'm debating on whether or not I need a 3rd deck.:D

Unfortunately, I haven't had any time to put my 122b and MR-2 head to head (pardon the pun) and see which one sounds better. There is a 122mkIII for sale locally and I'm debating on whether or not I need a 3rd deck.:D
there's a working nak mr-1 just came up on the 'bay place; so far-cheap.
i got 4 of 'em, and love 'em. they're the ones i think sound better than the tascams.
check it out...

edit-hope this is ok, here's the item #-

there's a working nak mr-1 just came up on the 'bay place; so far-cheap.
i got 4 of 'em, and love 'em. they're the ones i think sound better than the tascams.
check it out...

edit-hope this is ok, here's the item #-

Nice. The only thing that I don't like about my MR-2 is that is only 2 head. I've been spoiled by the 122b's 3 head setup.

i've not even heard an mr-2 but i think i'd sell it and get an mr-1.

It's basically an MR-1, without the 3rd head. It's a nice unit, just no monitoring off the tape. I got it for free and it worked and it is in near mint shape, so I can't part with it.:p

It's basically an MR-1, without the 3rd head. It's a nice unit, just no monitoring off the tape. I got it for free and it worked and it is in near mint shape, so I can't part with it.:p
in that case, don't blame you a bit. as long as it sounds good 2 u, that's what counts.

edit-i've occasionally thought about getting an mr-2 just to check it out, maybe i will one of these days.

I still love cassette decks, they are what I grew up with. My 2 vehicles which are both fairly new have the last generation Chrysler cassette decks, so I use them all the time. I currently have 2 122MKIII's, a new 112MKII, and a NIB 103. I have never had a NAK but I know they are the best.
ViP

Back