Not Latency, but something like it?

RecordingMaster

A Sarcastic Statement
Hi there,

I have been tracking my band in Adobe Audition CS5.5 on a brand new imac OSX 10.6 with 16GB of ram and a terabyte of disk space through a TASCAM US-1800 interface.

All has been going great when all of the sudden during a session, a new track was being recorded along to the other tracks playing back (for the musician to play along to), and the new track is late (or out of sync) with the rest of the tracks. If I close up on the wave it actually starts recording later than the other waves it's supposed to be in sync with. Then if I leave that track for trial purposes and start recording on another new track, THAT one is even further out of sync then the last. If I keep recording new tracks each one of them starts later and later.

It's not the computer since my CPU is fine. It's not the TASCAM because I tried doing this in the crappy free Audacity and everything is in sync fine with each other. It's not my cables. It's not a power issue. It's not the musician.

This happened a couple times before, so I closed the session, restarted my computer and restarted my interface and all was good. But now, no matter what I do, it will not record in time.

CAN ANYONE HELP?!?!?!

I don't know Audition, but Sony Vegas has a Record Offset control. Maybe Audition has something similar that got changed, but it sounds more like a bug in the program or a corrupted install.

I don't know Audition, but Sony Vegas has a Record Offset control. Maybe Audition has something similar that got changed, but it sounds more like a bug in the program or a corrupted install.

It's so weird, because it's been working fine for a couple months and now it's rendered completely useless! I changed nothing in my hardware or software. Nothing.

Back