not a drummer, but i need drums in my songs.

Check out drums on demand. I believe their website is Drums on demand. There are three or four volumes. All about 50 bucks each. The guy recorded a bunch of different fills, verses, etc... I've been really happy with it. I play mostly garage punky type of stuff all the way to alt country and it has fit my needs. I wish I had a live drummer for those little nuances only a live drummer can give to the song.

mckayormacky said:
because they are $300 and i need to know if there is an option that is cheaper lol.

There are a number of software programs that will do drums (Sonar probably has a built in MIDI drum program (*hint* read the manual *hint*), and there are VST sample programs that may work as well). The key is getting samples that you like. You have already received some great suggestions. On the cheaper end, Fruity Loops is fairly easy to program. I have a program called Drumsite that costs about $50 and came with some decent samples for basic rock music. I find it very intuitive to use, as well.

now if i buy BFD. it comes with just the sounds right? and i have to put them together using a program like sonar or FL studio?

Go with DFH Superior - costs less than BFD, and has more samples. Nothing touches it, IMO ("Superior" it is). If you want to do less work to get a great sound, get the other versions of DFH. You will have a less flexibility in mixing, but it's alot easier and can be purchased for around $100. :p

Yes, these are all just samples (DFH, not certain about BFD) and require a sequencer. Personally, I like FL studio, but others are great too.

;)

BFD is software with tons of samples. I checked out their website demo. It looks awesome. You have kit options, room options, mic options, .......tons of options. Theres no way I could tell the difference in it and a real drummer even if I was just listening to the drums alone. If I could afford it I would already have it. I wish they would make a lite version for home recordist that is cheap. I salivate everytime I think about BFD.

Back