Non Drummer Songwriters Using EZDrummer 3 "Bandmate" Info...

wmalan

Didn't think about upgrading to ED3 until I saw the demo on the Bandmate function. As a non drummer... one of the toughest things has been using the needle in the haystack search function for drum beats. And for me the Tap-2-Find function has been weak given my chopsticks skill level finger drumming. So is this Bandmate function pretty solid? Does it offer more creative options for us non drummers?

Ehhhh... I didn't care for it very much. More or less, it tries to do some beat detection and then picks a kick-snare pattern that matches it. Then it offers you a selection of hat/ride patterns over top of that kick-snare.

Ehhhh... I didn't care for it very much. More or less, it tries to do some beat detection and then picks a kick-snare pattern that matches it. Then it offers you a selection of hat/ride patterns over top of that kick-snare.
Hmm... I get that. I found a couple vids where you can drag it to search window and then go thru your libraries (and I have a few) for more matches. I know they give us these "fine tuning" options as well. But again, that's where I fail as a non drummer. Maybe if they do another $99 sale I will jump on it. They do offer some new drum kits so that could be a plus for the current $179.

Didn't think about upgrading to ED3 until I saw the demo on the Bandmate function. As a non drummer... one of the toughest things has been using the needle in the haystack search function for drum beats. And for me the Tap-2-Find function has been weak given my chopsticks skill level finger drumming. So is this Bandmate function pretty solid? Does it offer more creative options for us non drummers?
Bandmate is solid - but you have to have great tracks in order to use it - meaning a great bass line or guitar or even keyboard - it will output reasonably creative drums that are easy to tweak to get them to how you like drums.

Back