NO Playback / Mac, Roland TD-6, Tascam, Ableton

laingholm

Hi there,

I am bothering around with this problem for several days now. Here is the situation:

I am trying to record and playback drum sounds from my TD-6 via a Tascam US-122 (USB Audio/Midi interface) that is connected to my MacBook Pro OS X (Version 10.5.5) using ABLETON LIVE 6 (Version 6.07).

Recording the midi notes from the TD-6 and playing them back with an Ableton software instrument are not the problems.

The problem is that Ableton doesn't playback the TD-6 sounds. So I can record midi but not play the sounds. All cables are connected. Though, sometimes my Mac has problems recognising the Tascam audio/midi interface. But all lights (the Midi In/out and Usb) are on.

Anybody an idea??

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of things to check.

I am not familiar with Ableton, but I'm expecting a commonality between it and other audio/midi programs.

1 Is there somewhere within Ableton that allows you to specifiy the midi device to output to? Somewhere around the track you successfully recorded midi in on you should be able to assign a midi out (which most likely will be the interface if that's where midi is being routed through).

2 Is there a connection returing to the TD-6? I don't know if it uses midi cables or USB, but there has to be a path back to it.

3 Have you got a path to get the TD-6's audio (which the midi should be playing) back into the system?

Back