NGD (New Gear Day)

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
It took longer than I expected, but I finally took over the small studio that my employer has maintained for voice-over recording for the last twenty years. They were moving the building that contained the studio, and they didn't want to move the studio. They said they'd give me the gear if I'd move the recordings into my home studio. Since I was already engineering the voice-over sessions, it was a no brainer.

Starting next week, all the recordings (mostly phone system stuff) will be done at my place. In exchange, I picked up the following gear:

The rack has an amp for the KRK6 monitors (I'll probably use those for my TV in the family room), and a couple of other killer pieces of gear--a Urei 546 Parametric EQ, and a Urei 1176LN limiter. That's an old TASCAM DA-30 DAT on the bottom.

Next up is a vintage Shure SM5 (the much-sought-after predecessor to the SM7b). The serial number is #2122. I'm still trying to find out how old it is, but I'm thinking it's somewhere in the late 60's. My company has been using it for voice over work for at least 30 years. It sounds great and I'm glad to own it!

The last pic just shows the KRK 6000 along with my other monitors. (This is just the left side...duhhh!) They're powered by the amp in the rack in the first pic, but again, I think I'll just be using these for my TV in the family room. (My Yamaha HS-80s are doing just fine, thanks.)

rack_web.jpg

sm5_web.jpg

krk_web.jpg

Back