New Workstation with digital clicks during playback, Help!

hollowbodyhound

Hello all,

I have just finished my long awaited new studio workstation. I decided to build it myself (I do have some experience). I'm hoping someone out there can help me get rid of a nasty little clicking sound during my playback. Below is a rundown of the machine I built:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
1-AMD Athlon 64 3500
2- 200GB Maxtor SATA Drives
1- 80GB Maxtor IDE Drive
4- 512MB Kingston PC3200 RAM (2GB)
Delta 66 Soundcard with Omni Studio Interface
500W P.S. w/Fan Controls

OS is 2K Pro
I run CoolEdit

I have checked for IRQ conflicts and at first found that the RAID controller shared IRQ 16 with my sound card. I disabled the RAID controller and it has not resolved my problem. Last night I tried monitoring system performance using perfmon. I did not notice anything banging out of spec.

Please any help would be most appreciated, please don't tell me I built a piece of sh--!

Thanks in advance

It sounds like a nice system you have there.

The pops and clicks you hear are referred to as Jitter. It occurs when two digital devices are not in complete synchronization with each other in the signals being sent. It is most likely a sample rate disagreement somewhere in your software or hardware. Go exploring into the software properties, check audio file and session sample rates, hardware switches, and such.

Good Luck,
RawDepth

Back