New start Keyboard

reneveah

In a sea of synths and keyboarss to pick from makes my head spin. I mean alot of them have alot of features i like to have. I am looking for a bigger synth/keybaord. I have my eye on a few synths and Keyboards, one synth alone costs $3000, Andromeda A6 (Drools) I do Alot of trance music and that thing would just rock, anyhow. for a good price, what keyboard would anybody say would be a good buy for the start on big systems. Im just looking for opions. I like to have alot of synths, PADs, and Arpegiators, what do you have in mind> Thanks

Depends on what you're looking for.

For the ultimate flexibility in sound design, I'd suggest a Kurzweil K2600/K2661. There is pretty much nothing this beast cannot do. As far as workstations are concerned, it's still years ahead of all the big names (Roland Fantom, Korg Triton, Yamaha Motif... and all their flavors), when it comes to pure sound mangling, programming depth, and sound quality. However it's not a plug and play machine. You've gotta put time in to actually take advantage of it. It's a pure synth/sampler programmers heaven.

However, since you're talking trance... no post about trance can be complete without mentioning a Virus :)

Personally I have my eyes on the Nord Modular G2.

Andromeda is a whole 'nother story... yummm :)

Having said all that... why are you so hell bent on hardware anyway? A lot of todays electronic music is done on softsynths with great effect. Just because something is hardware doesn't automatically mean it sounds "better".

Ok, not trying to get into yet another debate, just pointing out the options out there. I have a mixed environment. A Kurzweil K2600 a Juno-106, and NI Komplete... all taken care of :)

I do alot of trance on the computer. I use FL Studio for one and I have it really loaed with extras included and VST version of the Novation Bass Station which doesnt only do bass. I found a better piano VST and this one sound danm good. I know about the Virus, I will get my hands on one of those soon. Im looking for a waked keybaord/synth that has loads of options

Back