New song - "Perfect Day"

The stereo bass is there but it has no definition. That's really not that much of an issue, it's carrying the lows fine. There are spots where I wish the vocals were louder, just here and there. The piano sounds pretty good/live. The strings add so much in the background. Nice driving and listening tune. The drums are not my fav but they work....

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, man. I just re-uploaded a new version with slightly modified lyrics and redone lyrics--there should be more clarity now that I have a pop filter and don't have to worry about minimizing plosives as much.

I think the drums and bass should sound better. Also, were the drums to quiet in the mix before? For some reason the compression attack on the kick and snare was 0. So can you tell that I'm using a VST drums and piano? I'm using Bluenoise's MyDrumSet and Splendid 72 MB. I got rid of all the random hi-hat hits. Was the problem with the drums the mixing or the arrangement? Because I'm not a drummer, so I'm still trying to learn how to use hi-hats effectively.

I'm still having trouble getting the bass to have more def, probably due my panning 2 guitar tracks left and right, which is obscuring it. I set the low pass higher.

Anyways, thanks again for listening!

Back