New motif sounds

dr1keyz

Currently I have a Yamaha motif and I WAS satified with the current sounds I was using for music production but now, those sounds are getting "late" ...I am tired of hearing them and using the only good sounds available...my question is Is there some type of expansion card available for this keyboard to give it more sounds or would I just be better off buying the Triton rack and using those sounds? ...Anyhelp would be appreciated (that damn www.motifator.com didnt help)

What kinds of sounds are you looking for? In answer to your question, yes, there are expansion cards for the Motif. You can also purchase banks from places like THIS or THIS .

It seems silly to replace a synth simply to get more sounds. First off, the Motif is newer by several years than the Triton so if your problem is feeling that the sounds are dated you're not going to improve things with the Triton. That said, I have a KARMA which has the Triton soundset and a Motif rack and I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the sounds in the Motif. However, I have no problem finding usable sounds in my KARMA either.

Both instruments are expandable, have great soundsets, are extremely powerful and are being used by lots of artists to create plenty of current music. Buy yourself some sounds or expansion cards. If your budget allows, ADD the Triton rack!

Ted

dr1keyz said:
Currently I have a Yamaha motif and I WAS satified with the current sounds I was using for music production but now, those sounds are getting "late" ...I am tired of hearing them and using the only good sounds available...my question is Is there some type of expansion card available for this keyboard to give it more sounds or would I just be better off buying the Triton rack and using those sounds? ...Anyhelp would be appreciated (that damn www.motifator.com didnt help)

?????

Why did you buy a $1500 music production synthesizer if you're not going to even try programming your own sounds or use its sampling capabilities? Sounds like a huge waste to me...

For the record, the voice libraries available at motifator.com for purchase are top notch. Listen to the MP3 samples for yourself and see:

http://motifator.com/mart/VoiceData.htm

brzilian said:
?????

Why did you buy a $1500 music production synthesizer if you're not going to even try programming your own sounds or use its sampling capabilities? Sounds like a huge waste to me...

For the record, the voice libraries available at motifator.com for purchase are top notch. Listen to the MP3 samples for yourself and see:

http://motifator.com/mart/VoiceData.htm

I agree, That's why it is called a synthesizer. If you just wanted to get a whole bunch of preset sounds you would have been better off getting a casio and then some softsynths. Would have been cheaper. :)

Back