New Macbook Pro Question

vajra

Hey everyone.

I have done some recording and production in the past...and I am about to buy a macbook pro that I plan to be using for a lot more production and recording. The new macbook pro has the following specifications:

-2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache.

-8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

-128GB PCIe-based flash storage

Will this be enough for general production with Logic Pro? I asked the woman at the apple store and she said she did not think it would cut it for production purposes.

Would it have any issues in recording more than one instrument at once through an interface with several inputs? How about just one instrument?

How about just for running a DAW and using a midi keyboard and maybe a few plugins?

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone.

I have done some recording and production in the past...and I am about to buy a macbook pro that I plan to be using for a lot more production and recording. The new macbook pro has the following specifications:

-2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache.

-8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

-128GB PCIe-based flash storage

Will this be enough for general production with Logic Pro? I asked the woman at the apple store and she said she did not think it would cut it for production purposes.

Would it have any issues in recording more than one instrument at once through an interface with several inputs? How about just one instrument?

How about just for running a DAW and using a midi keyboard and maybe a few plugins?

Thanks!!!

Hi there,
How old is that model? 2013/2014, right?
My mac book pro is 2011 i5, 2.3ghz and I do a hell of a lot on it.

Honestly, I think it'll be absolutely fine unless you're doing something crazy like 96 track sessions or 24 tracks simultaneously.

The woman at the apple store wants you to buy a mac pro. In the meantime, check out geek bench benchmarks.
I know it's only a number, but your machine beats some of the 2008 mac pros :eek:

Back