New Laptop with Firepod

solo169

I've been using a Firepod with my home PC for a few months now and need to be able to take it places. I just bought a laptop and want to use it for recording drums on site (4-6 mics). Any tips, tricks or recommendations for best results and performance?
Here are the specs:
Hp
Windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 processor 2GHz
System Bus 2000MHz
512 MB RAM expandable to 2GB
HD 100GB

Thanks in advance.

I would get an external Hard Drive (or enclosure for an internal drive) and make sure that your audio is recorded to that, and your recording program and windows software runs on the internal hard drive.

Thats good advice, go over to new egg, get your self an external 7200rpm Hard Drive, also would be a good idea to make your laptop dual boot as laptops come wiht a lot of bloatware. You can have one XP install for your DAW, and one for regular computing needs.

Thanks for the advice, I'm not a big fan of the "big name" computer companies because of all the misc junk they add to their machines. Does anyone have a link on how to "dual boot"?

Sorry didnt reply sooner, your gogin to need to make a new partition on your hard drive, and run a windows install, and install it right onto that new partition. After the install (when it is completly complete) windows will boot with the option of selecting which one of the windows installs to boot up into. You'll get menu. This is your boot.ini on your C:.. You will probably need to modify it so you can tell the differance. If this sounds too complicated let me know. It require a small amount of tech knowledge to comprehend, its easy to pick up though. I can do all that stuff, but I still cant figure out Reason 3.0 =]

-Josh

Back