New here! Tropical/Reggae song 4 label needs feedback!

Lithman

Hi!

i have allready got feedback from a label saying that the song has potential of being a hit, they also said it needs abit more work on such as adding pressure and give it a little bit more stereo feel.
what could i possible do to make this happen? The vocal is being recorded, this is just the instrumental. and i have to say that i got plans to add live guitar in verses for more pressure and stereo feel.
Im veery glad if you can help me out with any improvements! regarding anything in the mix.
best
Rick

Attachments

• reggaeeeeee_45.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 24
I'd love to hear the song and comment, but it's pretty pointless until the lead vocal--the most important element of any mix, certainly in your genre--is there. Offhand, I'd say the bass sounds good. Some of the percussion, organ, and guitar hits come across as loud and abrasive. You are not limiting and boosting on the master bus at this stage, are you? Also, reverb was a bit much. But who knows, all this could sound perfect with the vocal in place. Post the new mix when you have the vocal.

Hi!

i have allready got feedback from a label saying that the song has potential of being a hit, they also said it needs abit more work on such as adding pressure and give it a little bit more stereo feel.
what could i possible do to make this happen? The vocal is being recorded, this is just the instrumental. and i have to say that i got plans to add live guitar in verses for more pressure and stereo feel.
Im veery glad if you can help me out with any improvements! regarding anything in the mix.
best
Rick

yeah this is really sick man sweet job.
I would say the reverb on the percussion is a bit overbearing since there is already a lot of reverb anyway, so just make it very subtle but noticable.
also the hi hat is not coming through, so i would use an eq or an exciter or multiband compression to bring about the frequency that cuts through, like it's eq'd in the wrong place if that makes sense.
One more thing I would do, maybe it's personal preference, but soften up the synth attacks, it's making the mix a bit prickly rather than smooth, like it's a bit unpleasant to the ears. But that is just a personal taste thing, not really good or bad, I would try that though.
Put up the finished version!

Thanks for the feedback!

I do have my mastering chain applied atm, so its limited :) im afraid the bass may be a Little 2 much and the kick maybe needs to hit thru more. i can upload the new mix when Everythings done, ill take your advice regarding the verb and percs :)

-R

Hi!

best
Rick

This sounds good, but you have to question how a 'label" can say this could be a hit especially without any vocals. With SOOOOO many songs being created daily that are as good if not better than stuff that are already "hits" and never get to land on a label's desk, how can a electronic reggae song(which isn't even a popular mainstream style) without vocals be thought of potentially a hit? I am not dogging your song, I would just be skeptical of who this label is and what they do. They could be just starting out and desperate for business or they could be desperate for your money. Just be careful out there.

Regardless, its a good sounding song, well mixed, just need to hear it with vocals.

This sounds good, but you have to question how a 'label" can say this could be a hit especially without any vocals. With SOOOOO many songs being created daily that are as good if not better than stuff that are already "hits" and never get to land on a label's desk, how can a electronic reggae song(which isn't even a popular mainstream style) without vocals be thought of potentially a hit? I am not dogging your song, I would just be skeptical of who this label is and what they do. They could be just starting out and desperate for business or they could be desperate for your money. Just be careful out there.

Regardless, its a good sounding song, well mixed, just need to hear it with vocals.

Hi bruthish !

I understand what your saying, but the artist WHOs gonna record the vocals is allready signed by the label itself and he passed it over for them to listen and feedback. I have it copyrighted for my own safety allready :)
best
Rick

Hi bruthish !

I understand what your saying, but the artist WHOs gonna record the vocals is allready signed by the label itself and he passed it over for them to listen and feedback. I have it copyrighted for my own safety allready :)
best
Rick

Well, that certainly is a way in, to have someone already in there. Hope it works out for you. Please post when you get it completed so we can all hear it.

BTW, welcome to the forum! Bunch of great guys here to help out. Please take a moment to listen and give advice/critiques on other's music too. It's give and take here. Thanks!

Last edited:
BTW, welcome to the forum! Bunch of great guys here to help out. Please take a moment to listen and give advice/critiques on other's music too. It's give and take here. Thanks!

Yea that sounds awesome, Thanks! I will deep into it asap ?

Best
-R

Back