Neo-Classical Music

Michael...
That's some beautiful piano playing. :)
The songs were excellent, with September Sun being the song that really moved me the most.
The only thing about that song, though, is that I thought the strings ended a bit too abruptly at the :44 second mark. I think a slow fade would sound better. Also, they could have been ever-so-slightly lower in volume.
Other than that, the music was enjoyable and very well performed.
Excellent work.

[This message has been edited by Buck62 (edited 07-29-2000).]

Michael. Wassup with that metronome sound in "I gave you my heart"? Kinda ruins the mood.
In "Now I know" it was only present at the beginning. Otherwise: nice stuff. I think you could use some better synth sounds, but then so could I.... :)

Buck, thank you so much for listening!
I really appreciate the feed back. I'm thinking of re-recording "September Sun" to orchestrate it fuller. I'll certianly take your advice into consideration when doing so.

Thanks again.

drstawl:
WOW! you have very perceptive ears. I've noticed that too, but you're the first one that ever called me on it! That was one of my earliest recordings and I used CakeWalk Home Studio to do it. There's a metronome feature on there that i didn't shut off i suppose, and it came in over the mics.

I listened to your stuff like I listen to my own. Thanks for appreciating that. Even if you end up loving the music you're reviewing, it's still hard work giving it an objective review.

Back