Need help with direct monitoring from interface

Victorbignacio

Hello, so I’ve been recording my guitar and bass with plugins like amplitube, but the latency always drove me nuts. So I’ve recently bought a torpedo Cab, so I can run my Pedalboard straight to the interface and I can direct monitor the guitar already with the effects, and zero latency. But my question is: How do I listen to the other tracks on my DAW (Ableton) while on “Direct” setting on my interface? (I can only hear the tracks on the “playback” setting on the interface).

I thought about running a Aux/P10 cable from my PC to the P10 line input on the second channel of the interface, so I could hear the rest of the tracks direct on channel 2, and my instrument on channel 1, but I thought maybe there’s a more “correct” way of doing this.
Thank you

In fairness, you need to sort the latency - if you return the computer to the interface, then the output latency is still there, so you will still hear than and so many processes need you to be able to listen to the in or the out with software switching - and if the latency is bad, those things will drive you made. Is it an ancient PC? What kind of latency figures do you get when you look? More than about 12mS is perceived as bad by some people - mine runs between 7 and 9 and I can cope fine with that kind of delay and rarely notice it. Are you certain you've got the latest drivers installed - stuff like that? Latency is sort of dying out as people own newer and newer systems where the latency gets less an less. It sounds like yours is bad enough to make you compromise how you work? I'd want to fix the problem, not bodge a solution if at all possible. Your bodge might work? Give it a go.

Back