Need Ensoniq KS-32 EPROM image

rlg42

Hi,

I am trying to repair an Ensoniq KS-32. One of the two code EPROMs has gone flakey.
Apparently this happens to a lot of EPROMs after 10-20 years. I want to get good copies of
both EPROMs so that I can fix my unit, but also to post on the web so that others can use them
when their EPROMs finally go. My unit has V3.00 of the OS, but I think there was also a V3.10
Anyone with a working KS-32 who is willing to help, please contact me at rlgrieb1 at verizon dot net

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid I can't solve your problem, but regarding the Ks-32 I've an urgent question/problem, and it seems to be quite simple but can't solve it. Some days ago I found my KS-32 transposed all the keys a half tone down (so, playing a C it sounds as a B and playing an G it sounds as F# and so forth). Somebody must have changed the settings while playing it, and I can't find out how to get it back to it's original tone, in other words the keys correspond with the right notes. In case you don't know the answer, do you know how I reset the KS-32 to it's default settings? I can't find a proper user manual nor the right info on the web.
Hope you can help me out with this, since you've seem to have quite some experience with the KS-32 I thought your would no the answer to this problem.

thanks,
Frederick

Back