need advice for new setup

iceberg_623

Hi everyone Iv'e always recorded with hardware but now Im trying to get into recording off the computer. Im not to big of a computer guy so i need help trying to find the right set up.All i need is something that would let me record my music from my drum machine into pro tools then let me record vocals.Iv'e been looking at the Mbox 2 mini or the Mbox 2 to get this done do you think this would work.The thing is that I'm not sure my computer will support the mini, this is the Mini requirements:
(PC requirements: Intel Pentium 4, Centrino, Core Duo, or AMD Athlon XP and 64-class processors and chips; Windows XP Home or Professional, Service Pack 2; 768MB RAM; Open USB port (USB hubs not supported); DVD-ROM drive

Here are the specs of the system I am using:IBM Lenovo C200:

Processor: Intel Celeron M(Architecture 65 nm, 90 nm, 130 nm process technology 130 nm process technology
L2 Cache 1MB, 512KB 512KB
Clock Speed 1.20 to 2 GHz NA
Clock Speed--Ultra Low Volt 900 MHz to 1.20 GHz 800 MHz
Front Side Bus 400 MHz and 533 MHz 400 MHz)

Operating system: Windows XP Professional
Display type: 15.0 inch XGA TFT (1024x768)
System graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Total memory: 1GB PC2-5300DDR2 SDRAM (1x1gb)
Hard drive: 80GB, 5400rpm Serial ATA
Optical device: 8X Max DVD Recordable (Dual Layer) PATA Fixed (Fixed, but common size that can be upgraded)
Wireless cards: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Weight: 6.13lbs
Battery: 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Do you guy think my computer will support this pro tools set up or do you think there is something better i should be looking at?I'm trying to stay under 600$.

Back