Nasty feedback loop Focusrite 4i4

JadeStudio

Hi To all.

For me, Home recording is a Hobby and it is not my main profession.
I just have fun from time to time.

And from that, this is my simple setup

Just for Clarifying diagram shows only one Interface, one preamp, one sim, and one compressor.
i have separate only inputs and outputs.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm making beats/melodies, sometimes sound design, recording 1 or 2 guitars, and making myself occupied with some fun activities.
I'm using Reaper

Recently I purchased Art Mpa II and DBX 1066 for 2 reasons
1. I have a lot of professional training and workshops that I'm Making from home Online.
2. Just to have some fun

I decided that I what to try to use the external compressor with the recorded audio, Guitar, melodies, beats etc....
But I hit a hard rock.

From Focusrite 4I4 output 3and4 goes to DBX comp and then the output goes to the same Focusrite4I4 In 1 and 2.
Unfortunately, a nasty feedback loop is happening when I try to record a -12-6db level.

Do you think, looking into my setup, that I mess something up, or my audio card is just not made for that?
Sorry if my questions are very noob but I have never tried using the external analog units with my Daw.

Thanks in advance.
Best Lyudmil

Last edited:
Your diagram is a little confusing. Each component should only be shown one time, with all its connections then shown.

From your description, it sounds like the feedback loop is the ch 1/2 input going to the output 3/4. Have you looked at the Focusrite mixer software?

You are right. ill edit the text.

I have tried all combinations in the Focusrite mixer software and I have the same result.

But it should be ok with Focusrite 4I4?

Back