Name - Goo Goo Dolls - cover -

Everything sounds great, especially the vocals and guitar.

My only nit would be that the drums are a bit too dry and maybe a bit too out front in the mix. Sounds like they are in a different space to me than the rest of the tracks.

Hello . Here's my latest project. 3rd remix before posting. If you think anything needs fixing or addressed ,I'll for sure attempt it . Thanks' .. mark
A good cover of the song - Vocals IMO need to be louder - the instruments and drums are not playing in time - well I should say the vocals are in front of the beat - the guitars float over the beat but in the same place - and the bass is kind of locked to the Kick - drums sound fake to me - I also make them a little more wet - but if you do - make sure you watch the volume - overall I think you did a great job.

I don't really have any mixing nits. It sounds pretty nice to me. Great job overall. The only criticism I have is just more of a philosophical one, I guess - that being that it sounds so much like the original. In other words, it doesn't really distinguish itself from the original and bring anything new to the table. So ... if I wanted to listen to a version like this, I'd just rather listen to the original.

Of course, if you're just doing this yourself because you love the song or you'd doing it as an exercise to try and get a similar sound/tone, etc., then my comment doesn't apply. But, IMHO, if you're thinking about releasing this, I would think about maybe changing up the arrangement or feel or something.

This is just my opinion, of course. I remember I had a friend who said that the way he judges a cover is by how closely it resembles the original - the closer it sounds, the "better" he thinks the cover is. That makes no sense to me, personally, because, as I mentioned, it's already been done that way ... why do it that way again?
Just my pair of pennies.

You get a space and reverb award for this one.

Here's the part of Papanate's comment I agree with. "A good cover of the song - Vocals IMO need to be louder... - overall I think you did a great job."

Pretty much what I thought. But what I felt was the reverb. Crazy. Nice tune.

Thanks Guys for the plays and the comments. This was an "experiment" just to see how close I could get to the original. The acoustic guitars (as usual) were my main focus. No plans at all for releasing this. I learned a few things along the way and that's always my objective. I appreciate the crits and suggestions.
mark

For me, one of recording's main features is the opportunity to learn. When you do something badly, it shows. When you do something well, it shows. When you do something better than before, it shows. When you learn, it shows.

Little flub at the beginning? Didn't sound like everything hit at the same time.

Vocal sounds terrific. So do the acoustic guitars. Doubled vocals for the pre-chorus and chorus would sound cool I'd bet.

The snare is a little slappy - not a lot of strength.

Back