N-track 5 beta 1

fizer

So has anyone tried this new N-track. What are the good points, bad points, and is the sound production better?

They've pretty much been covering that over on the forum at the NTrack site.

Personally, I never get involved with x.0 releases of ANY software from ANY manufacturer. Let someone else jump in and get burned with bugs and kinks.

Also back on V3.3 for now. Also using Sonar HS4- but I really like n-Track for recording into. I just don't spend much time with it after that.

V.4 was annoying, mostly. I don't have time for the bugginess, really- losing waveforms and screens going blank. I need to get in, do it, and get out. And if I'm doing something that takes a lot of time/work, n-Track has definitely been out of the ballpark.

But that's just me, I'm no wizard... I'd go back for v.5 though, if it proves to be very stable.

It's no longer a beta. It's been finalized and seems very stable. Lots of new features and quite a bit more CPU efficient.

I just upgraded from 4.x. It has a few features in there that are time-savers for me, so the $29 upgrade was worth it. So far, no problemos.

N-Track

Hello, Ive been hearing some bad things about N-Track (and good things too) I've been using the 4.2 version and have had nothing go wrong sense i've used it. I Love this program and own 4 DAW programs including Pro Tools and Cubase and use my N-Track 90% of the time, The sound quality is ok too, not the best but acousticlly It sounds more like what its meant to sound like. (Live mode recording) Acoustic sounds good in N-Track. Have recorded 26 artists and bands and have not had one complaint ( YET :o ) I geuss its bound to happen but I bet it will not happen while using N-Track hahaha.
Dan

Glad to hear it! Some of us have had a lot of hangups, but I'm hoping v5 gets it tight. V4.x was skippy, visually unstable and made me insecure to use it. V3.3 is great, and I'm ordering the "up" to v5.

I do think it has good representation of sound. Add some hip plugs and it ought to be the DeLuxe Nine Yards. I have hope.

Back