My Spiritual Ride - I Wash

Veezy

Hello all! This is my second release and I thought that this would be a great place for feedback.

'I Wash' is a spiritual raindrop track that explores metaphysical themes and travel to the heavenly realms.

Would love to hear from you and I'm open to feedback. Enjoy.

Pretty song, nice work Veezy.

IMO, the vox could use a little control with the esses. I do like the delays you've used on them, though. Nice spread on them, too, and the choruses are pretty darned good.
The kick could use a little work on the low end, you hear it but don't feel it - at least on my system
I think the keys get buried often and could come forward after some eq'ing. Maybe an octave higher so they don't fight with the vox.

Don't forget to review the works of the other musicians who've posted songs too. [edit]I see you've done that ... my bad ...:rolleyes:[\edit]

Nice work,
Timbo

Hey thanks for the feedback! Will work on the esses most definitely I think thats a major key you've given me.

Many blessings to you!

I thought this was pretty good. I first noticed it's compressed pretty hard. I'd back off of that, at least for the version you put up for critique.

I liked the lead vocal sound. The spoken part is crystal clear. Nice vocal tone.

The backing tracks are a bit washy. I know you're going for a particular sound. But some of the delay and tremelo stuff is kind of heavy.

I'll be honest it's not my thing in terms of style but I try to keep an open mind, I think it's a bit boomy in the 3-400 Hz range and lacks low sub bass, definitely could do with some de-essing a bit or EQ to take out the 8-10kHz, only a subtle cut, maybe 1-2dB but it'll make a big difference, a bit of subtle tweeks and it will sound really much better.

Back