My song

wilko

Marking my territory
Can you go to my sig and play "Passerby". I know the mix isn't great but can I have a critique on the song?

What I could hear I liked. It is a struggle (for me) to listen to the vox. The panned acoustic guitars are in roughly the same frequency range as the vox and compete pretty vigorously. I would either pull the guitars down or roll off some high eq to try to make a bit more space for your vox. Like the song ;) but the mix sturggles a bit for my ears. Definately not trying to offend, this is jmho.

wilko said:
Can you go to my sig and play "Passerby". I know the mix isn't great but can I have a critique on the song?

the song isn't long enough. :)

it's hard to tell what the lyrics are exactly as they are not always loud enough for my taste, but the their flow is good. and what i can hear of them is good. the melody is good, and the staggered vocals are cool.

there's no lead instrument section and that always disappoints me. i would add a section for one or two instruments to shine.

other than that all i can say is nice :)

up-fiddler said:
What I could hear I liked. It is a struggle (for me) to listen to the vox. The panned acoustic guitars are in roughly the same frequency range as the vox and compete pretty vigorously. I would either pull the guitars down or roll off some high eq to try to make a bit more space for your vox. Like the song ;) but the mix sturggles a bit for my ears. Definately not trying to offend, this is jmho.

No - all suggestions gratefully received. I will have another bash this weekend.! :D

Back