My new fantom x8 broke my keyboard stand! What should I get?

thispleasesme

So I just replaced my Korg Triton 61-key with a Roland Fantom X8 88-key.

The thing weighs atleast 110 pounds... So I popped it on the lower tier of my Ultimate Support Apex stand and what happens, it creaks, cracks, and breaks... Luckily me and my brother were still keeping our hands under the board and caught it.

So, with that in mind I have decided that Ultimate Support is not going to hack it. What will work? I would prefer something with two tiers for live use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I use a Quik lok stand with success with my S90.
This stand are upgradable for a second keyb support.
Take a look at http://www.quiklok.com/
my stand is the QLX - 21.
the QLX - 3 is the Second Tier Add-on.

IMHO however is better using two different stand for two keys...

hope it helps

You'll break a QLX21... For a dual tier setup what you want is either a QL-746 and a QLX3 or a QL-642. These are both heavy duty dual X stands with extra wide bars to hold you board.

Also another good option would be the z stand by quik lock and onstage stands... I think it's the onstage stand is like a oss7953 or something like that. it's the heavy duty z stand. I actully see a X8 all the time that is sitting nicely on one of these things.

other than that you might just need a workstation desk if you ar not traveling... if you are traveling then you really need to consider a hard case with wheels... yadda yadda...

regardless get something heavy duty because dropping that big heavy ass keyboard 3 or 4 feet is most likely gonna do some damaged.

and congrats on the board it's a beast...

LAZI, This will mostly be for touring purposes, and I have a HUGE flight case made custom for it. Believe me, dropping 3g on a keyboard is reason enough to have a case like the one I have..

While in studio at home, I have a workstation desk for it, so it seems we're on the right page. I'm going to go with the Z I think. Any more takers?

LAZI said:
You'll break a QLX21...

I've used my QLX21 also for other purposes and I can guarantee that It could support every 88 key with no problems...
mine, once, have supported me and a friend while we were working...about 150 Kg!
how much weigh your keyboard? :)

The Z however is even more sturdy, this is a fact

Peace

I think its somewhere around 120lbs.. but no matter, I have used single X stands before. My legs are very long and I tend to bump my knees a lot, which is very irritating. For that reason, as well as obvious stability, I'm going with the Z. Thanks a lot for all your help everyone :)

when I say break it I actually meant in some freak accident that would cause the a weld to snap around the locking area. those spot welds go bad somehow... but it can most def hold the weight...

the quik lok heavy duty z stand is dope... you can even buy add-ons to rack stuff up or whatever's clever. the onstage stuff folds up but seems to not be as solid.

I'd suggest the Quiklok Z-716L, and add the Z-720L and Z-727 for the second tier. For bigger boards (like the X8), I always recommend the heavy duty Z-Frame stands. It may cost a bit more, but it's well worth it when you consider what dollar amount you're putting on top of it.

Jay
jay@kraftmusic.com

Back