My mixer won't turn on.

Bugz McNair

So I'm pretty pissed right now. I rearrange my entire set up to accommodate my new monitors, and once everything is plugged in and I go to turn everything on.. My mixer won't turn on. I have no idea what the problem is. I really hope that it's the power cord, but even that should be working fine. Ugh!

Maybe try putting your mixer back in its original position and see if it turns on.

Just rearranging the gear shouldn't kill the mixer...though if you were messing with the gear while it was powered on (I know, you probably didn't, but I just had to mention it :) )....then something might have gotten zapped...???

Maybe try putting your mixer back in its original position and see if it turns on.

Just rearranging the gear shouldn't kill the mixer...though if you were messing with the gear while it was powered on (I know, you probably didn't, but I just had to mention it :) )....then something might have gotten zapped...???

That's what's tripping me up. It really shouldn't have stopped working at all. I'm overly careful with all my equipment. And I reorganize somewhat frequently, because everything get's cluttered often, and I'm a major neat freak.

I already took it apart to make sure that everything was in order. Thanks though :-) I wasn't really looking for any help, just kind of venting :D

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. The mixer came with a 2 year warranty, so I'm going to take it back tomorrow. I just know this place is going to give me the run-around.

nah ... a warranty is a warranty. They'll take care of it or you go to the manufacturer and cause them some grief.

Bugz what is the brand and model?

POOP!! there. I helped you vent some. :D

It's a Peavey PV8 USB. And thanks!! Haha :-)

And Lt. Bob, they were surprisingly good with my issue. They've sent it back to the manufacturer. I usually don't have the best luck with these kind of things :D

Back