My Dream Man Studio (long w/pics)

radiation8

Hello Everyone,
This is by no means anything of serious design, Just somthing I would like to have If I get rich one day or win the lotto. Also
Im not a 3d design guru, or even a drawing expert so I hope you can bare with the pictures I have.

Well to start, my equipment, I am not a huge "in home"
recorder most of the stuff I record is "in the field" or outside, I do have a keyboard and make a few hip/pop/techno beats. But most of it is nature type stuff.

Wish List for my Equipment.(some of which Im saving up on getting marked with a *, and some I already own)

Mics:
Telingo Pro4 Parabolic
AKG C3000
AT ATR55 Shotgun Mic Kit*
Astatic D104 (own)

Keyboards:
Roland GW7 (own)
Roland Fantom-G8

Mixer:Not real sure yet just somthing with HUGE VU meters

Speakers: (mu hahahaha)
JVC SX-WD8(monitors for computer desk)
Frazier Super Texans (for front L + R 5.1) "Used to own only
one speaker"
Adelaide Centre Channel 262s
Klipsch RS-10 Surround Speakers
18" JVC Subwoofer (own)

Audio Amps/Power Equipment/S:
Kenwood KRF-V5550D (own, for main 5.1)
Kenwood or Sony Stereo Amp for Monitors.
Rear Surround Speaker 300watt Amp*
Ovehead Tweeter Amp
Digidesign (or simulir pro sound card)

Misc Equip and itmes in room:
Dual CelaronD 3.8ghz MB(own), with Dual Monitor Video
Card*.
Kenwood R1000 Shortwave Radio*
Uniden BCT15
25mhz Oscilliscope
Soldering Station
Outboard Effects Rack reverb, compressor, etc..
Telsa Balls Man!!! and Leapod Rugs!!!

This is ultimatly my dream room, The raised area is a step-up Fishing Dock!! I want part of the room with the couch to look cozy, maybe with a fire place, and the computer area to be on the dock looking area, with an Aquarium!
My 60in Lcd Tv will be linked up to my computer If I ever
want to run along with 5.1 Surround Sound.

Well heres the pictures I hope I havent Boarded anyone to
death.

Click to enlarge

Looks like the control deck of a space ship with the desk setup like that, and the 60" screen!

I would build an iso booth if I were designing it, but it looks like a nice multipurpose "room of awesome" which can be used for recording and chillin. The actual recording specs could be improved I think :) also, celerons are crap

Last edited:
Thanks yeah an Iso Booth would be nice, but I dont do alot with voice or Inst'mts.

Most of this stuff is all "I" would need.

Celarons are crap, but not my Dual Cel D's!! thats 7.6ghz total with Asus MB, I can run audition, FL Studio, multipul webpages, burn a dvd, and play Deer Hunter at the same time, without skipping a beat.

Nice design. Atleast you have an idea where you wanna be, and what you wanna do. Dreams studios have to start somewhere, and your on the right path, friend. I'm sure all dream/top studios start off just like this.
The equipment you have listed is something within reach, without winning the lottery, unless you get a high end mixing console. But getting your room built is where I think you'll need the lottery funds.:) lol

I like your concept very much. So what type of tesla coils...the cheapy ones you get at the mall, or some custome built ones that run 50,000+ volts that you can play via MIDI???

Hello Everyone,
This is by no means anything of serious design, Just somthing I would like to have If I get rich one day or win the lotto. Also
Im not a 3d design guru, or even a drawing expert so I hope you can bare with the pictures I have.

Well to start, my equipment, I am not a huge "in home"
recorder most of the stuff I record is "in the field" or outside, I do have a keyboard and make a few hip/pop/techno beats. But most of it is nature type stuff.

Wish List for my Equipment.(some of which Im saving up on getting marked with a *, and some I already own)

Mics:
Telingo Pro4 Parabolic
AKG C3000
AT ATR55 Shotgun Mic Kit*
Astatic D104 (own)

Keyboards:
Roland GW7 (own)
Roland Fantom-G8

Mixer:Not real sure yet just somthing with HUGE VU meters

Speakers: (mu hahahaha)
JVC SX-WD8(monitors for computer desk)
Frazier Super Texans (for front L + R 5.1) "Used to own only
one speaker"
Adelaide Centre Channel 262s
Klipsch RS-10 Surround Speakers
18" JVC Subwoofer (own)

Audio Amps/Power Equipment/S:
Kenwood KRF-V5550D (own, for main 5.1)
Kenwood or Sony Stereo Amp for Monitors.
Rear Surround Speaker 300watt Amp*
Ovehead Tweeter Amp
Digidesign (or simulir pro sound card)

Misc Equip and itmes in room:
Dual CelaronD 3.8ghz MB(own), with Dual Monitor Video
Card*.
Kenwood R1000 Shortwave Radio*
Uniden BCT15
25mhz Oscilliscope
Soldering Station
Outboard Effects Rack reverb, compressor, etc..
Telsa Balls Man!!! and Leapod Rugs!!!

This is ultimatly my dream room, The raised area is a step-up Fishing Dock!! I want part of the room with the couch to look cozy, maybe with a fire place, and the computer area to be on the dock looking area, with an Aquarium!
My 60in Lcd Tv will be linked up to my computer If I ever
want to run along with 5.1 Surround Sound.

Well heres the pictures I hope I havent Boarded anyone to
death.

Click to enlarge

You'd be better turning the desk around so you are facing the wall, to give as much room behind you as possible (the sound will simply bounce right off the back wall (wall the monitors are facing).

Why use the stage for a control room area? Why even have one at all?

You could also use the 60" screen as your pc monitor and have one good 5.1 setup as your main monitors, instead of 2 separate systems.

I think something like this would be far better. ;)

Attachments

• radiation8.gif
    radiation8.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 108
I like the idea, but see this is what "I" would like and what "my dream" would be, plus like I said I dont record for the sole purpose of acoustic accurcy, its a Multi-Purpose Room.

Atterion, Probly just the biggest telsa coils I could find at a crapy retail store, because this room would be "budget" if you know what I mean.

Back