My $40 Ebay Amp (tune)

acattoir

I won this little practice amp on Ebay for $40. It had this really cool (i think) organic preset effect. The tone inspired this tune. Just the backing tracks, lead guitar is from a different source. Comments? Thanks
ac

Sounds like $41, maybe $42 to me! :D

Seriously--it's a cool track. But I'm not sure how well I'm hearing the $40 amp. And is there some kind of modulation going on?

Where are the other parts from? Did you record them as well?

Sounds like $41, maybe $42 to me! :D

Seriously--it's a cool track. But I'm not sure how well I'm hearing the $40 amp. And is there some kind of modulation going on?

Where are the other parts from? Did you record them as well?
The sound of the amp is only obvious in the intro and quiet parts after that just backing. I'm not sure how the sound is achieved technically, it's just 1 of 99 presets built into the amp. It was just a slimey crunchy sound that I felt compelled to use.

The lead (sort of) is a Beh****** copy of a Line6 pod, using just a stock preset.

I played all the instruments on this one.

Thanks for checking it out.
ac

I don't know about the amp, but the recording is very nice indeed.

Damn...no matter what I do, link doesn´t work for me.:confused:
If possible, could you send me to (ciromoreau@yahoo.com.br) ?Would be nice to listen, I´m curious about the "zappa" thing and the $40 amp...:)

Tks

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/ciromoreau

Last edited:
And you did a great job again.Nice jam.Bass guitar sounds very good/ you´re a fine drummer too. Congrats...:cool:

Ciro
Thank you. "Fine Drummer" May be one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. I monkey around with all these other instruments but getting the drums just right is something I find a lot of satisfaction in. Thanks again.
ac

Back