MXL 990, XENYX 302USB Broken! Help!

Iats

For few months I've had a MXL 990 condenser mic with a XENYX 302USB that is connected to power it, but suddenly something broke, i'm not sure if it's the mic or the XENYX 302USB. I think it may be the USB connecting to the XENYX 302USB, i think this because it's being pushed against the wall (I've moved house so i put it in a different spot) so i may have broken the USB plug on the XENYX 302USB. It's been broken for a few weeks now, and i haven't been able to fix it.

I was wondering if anyone knows how for me to check what part is broken or if anyone knows someone in the UK around Bedfordshire that could come over and fix or tell me what to do.

Thanks for reading and feel free to help. :)

- Does the red power light on the mixer light up either from USB power or the power adapter that came with the mixer?
- If the power light comes on, do you have some headphones you can plug in and see if you can hear the mic?
- Do you have something else you can plug into the mixer as an audio source to see if that passes audio through the mixer? iPod, output of a CD player, or similar

- The Power light does come on from the usb power
- I have got headphone that are plugged into my pc, and i have activated it for me to hear my mic, i can not hear my self speak, but when i tap the mic i hear the tapping.
- i have an ipod, but how would i connect it to my volume mixer, the usb port is an USB Printer Cable A to B.

If you plug the headphones into the mixer can you hear the mic?
If you can hear "tapping" through the PC's headphone, perhaps a "volume" control in your computers software got turned down so the volume is low.

An adapter cable from the iPod so you can connect to the RCA inputs on the mixer.

When i plugged my headphones into the mixer i couldn't hear myself talk. but if if turn the gain and phones up i hear a type of static and the tapping, but still no voice when my headphones are connected to the mixer, i cant hear any audio from my computer.

And from what i know of i haven't turned down any volume control, on my mic. The levels are 100 as usual. Also, i do not have an iPod adapter cable, so i cant connect the two up, i also don't have anything that can connect to it.

Back