MR-8 V1.2??????? Software update

guitarlover

I just went to the Fostex site and it says there is an update for The MR-8. Version 1.2 is supposed to give better support for more brands of CF cards. The problem is that there is some backwards compatibility issues but I don't understand what they are saying.

Has anyone else seen this update?

Also, what I was looking for was the compatibility chart which I didn't find. Does anyone know if San Disk 512Mb Cf cards work?

Thanks, Steve

PS I did a search here but found 0 references. Is this update real new?

Nils K said:
cellardwellar, the incompatibility is only an issue when transfering tracks recorded on a MR-8 running firmware v. 1.20 to a MR-8 running firmware 1.11 or earlier. The firmware version 1.20 has full backwards compatibility. I've tried that myself and old projects are easily loaded into the unit with the firmware upgraded. I suggest you get someone to look at that play-button... that one's hard to do without. I also suggest you get the upgrade anyway, even if you don't plan to use larger cards. It does solve space issues on the card when 'undoing' takes...

regards, Nils

So I gathered the gist of this to be, as long as you don't have two MR8's, or have a buddy with one running old firmware, you will experience no "compatibility issues". Now what new issues you may experience... who can say...?
"The Black Swamp"? From Illinois are ya'?!? ;)

guitarlover said:
I just went to the Fostex site and it says there is an update for The MR-8. Version 1.2 is supposed to give better support for more brands of CF cards. The problem is that there is some backwards compatibility issues but I don't understand what they are saying.

Has anyone else seen this update?

Also, what I was looking for was the compatibility chart which I didn't find. Does anyone know if San Disk 512Mb Cf cards work?

Thanks, Steve

PS I did a search here but found 0 references. Is this update real new?
Hey yeah if you find a card that works do post it. Im looking for one that will work FOR SURE. a hundred bucks for that little piece of... metal is slightly anoying for some reason. But the benifit will be worth it. Look before you leap!

Back