MP3 Encoder in Sonar 8 Producer

JasonBird

Average Member
I can't believe that when you buy Sonar 8 Producer version, it comes with only a 30 day trial of the mp3 encoder. then you can no longer export any projects as mp3's. i think that's a bunch of crap! So anyway, i went to cakewalks web page, paid 19.00 bucks to get it unlocked for unlimited use, and saved the executible. i installed it on my system, and it appeared to have installed fine, no errors etc. but when i try to export a file as a mp3 i'm still getting the error that tells me that it need to be unlocked. i've gone back over it several times, back to the web page to see if i'm missing anything etc. i can't find anything? anyone have this problem before? WTH?!

JasonBird

Wish I could help you but I decided not to buy the MP3 encoder. Hate to be nickeled and dimmed for a piece of software like that, when in my opinion, it should be standard with it. I just use the encoder in Musicmatch, that came with my Dell.

I wouldn't have bought it either since most encoders are the same lame.dll. Have you copied that file into Sonar's folder in programs?

Solution for encoding Mp3 with Sonar (any version)

I've created an Mp3 encoder patch for Sonar which solves all your problems.
Please visit my thread at the Cakewalk Forums for complete information:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=2268643

It uses the LAME 3.98.4 encoder, 32 or 64-bit version, depending on what your system is... and works with every version of Sonar.
You gain access to ALL Mp3 encoding options for instant use directly from Sonar.

sonarpatch.jpg

change history:

v1.0.0.0 - built registry entry files with multiple Mp3 export options
v2.0.0.0 - built installer and shortcuts for registry entry files
v3.0.0.0 - built beta GUI, updated encoder to 3.98.4,added more Mp3 export options
v4.1.0.0 - new GUI, input boxes for Artist Name, CD Title and Year tag entries
v5.0.0.0 - added all Variable Bitrate and all Constant Bitrate export options
v5.1.0.0 - fixed User Account Control (UAC) issues for x64 users
v5.2.0.0 - quotation marks are now allowed in tag entries
v5.2.2.0 - more information added to Uninstall entry in Programs and Features
v5.2.3.0 - improved forward-compatibility for detecting if system is 32 or 64-bit
v5.2.4.0 - only one 32 or 64-bit encoder is now compiled, instead of both
v5.2.5.0 - right-click "email" added, and another quotation mark issue resolved
v5.3.0.0 - encoder is now created and compiled with improved alternate method
v5.3.1.0 - %A_UserName% variable is now used to display User's name on GUI
v5.3.2.0 - rebuilt and customized "About" menu to match GUI and display User's Name

future plans:

- update encoder to 3.100.0, which adds support for export bit-depths of 32 and 64
- all available tags editable by user, once CommandLine bug is repaired in Sonar

I'm glad I can be of assistance :)
Aaron Bewza

PS, MODERATORS, can you please remove the useless 4 posts under this one? thank you very much :) (I was not allowed to post links to other sites until I made 5 posts of my own, sorry about that!)

Last edited:
post 4 (1 more post until link, and I'm really sorry for spamming like this, but I don't plan to make many posts at this site)

post 5 (last post before I can leave a link, again I'm really sorry)

MODERATORS: can you please remove these "in between" posts? I hate spamming.

Back