More Power!

Yeah, but, like he said, unabashed sales pitch. I'm not saying he's wrong - I don't know. I'm just saying that I don't know that he's right just because it sounds plausible. And, of course, he's selling the solution to the problem he claims exists. I guess I'm just saying that I take it with a healthy grain of skepticism.

The best snake oil pitches usually comes with a little bit of truth and some significant BS.

Having said this, I know of a well known mastering studio that ran on batteries and pure wave inverters but it also had a lot of vintage gear that is prone to line noise.

Modern gear, AC gets converted to DC and power availability is more dependent on the power supply design and noise is rarely an issue. Big caps and a high output toroidal transformers in a well designed system is not going to have issues with power fluctuations and noise is inherently taken care of via the transformer and DC filtering stages.

Had my scope connected to plenty of amp outputs with a precision sine wave generator driving into loads with no line noise in the output signal. Noise would have to be fairly significant to the point where it would have registered on my HP audio analyzer distortion readings for it to be heard. But if you like to spend money because some guy said you should, please don't let me stop anyone.

Last edited:
Yeah, but, like he said, unabashed sales pitch.
Yup...The video was not made to sell to musicians but to crazy audiophiles who spend buttloads of $$$ on gear ...so for the audiophile suffering with GAS cool... I found it interesting to convert AC to DC and then back to AC ..probably wouldn't cost all that much to get that set up for a small studio. I was having a ton of noise issues with one of my keyboards but it turned out to be solder joints going bad on the motherboard. Because it was a newer keyboard I ran a whole new circuit from a new panel with a bitchin ground trying to eliminate it before figuring it out that it was the keyboard...Oh well nice fresh electrical to the room now.

I have my studio opto-isolated and balanced - it does make a difference - but not in way this snake oil guy is selling. Consistent power is a must for everything to run correctly.
Whether this affects amplifiers - such as a thin or thicker sound - I highly doubt it. There is more to the poweramps that doesn't involved AC.

If you have a Home studio and you run a lot of current users at once it's certainly possible to effect the sound. It's easy enough to fix using filtered supplies and not over loading.

So in thinking this through "IF" you were having problems with your local AC power coming into your home fluctuating due to high usage in the area and you wanted to regenerate the electricity as the guy in the Youtube video explains, it could be done very cheaply with a car battery charger ( converting AC into DC) and then from the 12 volts DC back into a power inverter ( 12 volt DC back into consistent 120 volt AC) easily for as little as a few hundred bucks or less depending on how many outlets / how much equipment you wanted to power...For a single audiophile stereo amp the likes of which he is speaking easily for under $75...or buy his zippy zoomy one he's selling for a modest $2200. Damn talk about 1st world disposable income problems... :ROFLMAO:

If you can hear that much difference depending on the time of day, you must have a horrible electric company. You can get a simple voltage monitor to see what your levels are through the day.

LOL! no YOU need this $2200 box of smoke n mirrors...we all need this beauty.....look at its sleek lines...it is a work of art....I mean who wants dirty fluctuating power? Yuk! :ROFLMAO: It is a purdy little thing though isn't it?...almost as sleek as an iphone

Stellar-P3-Silver-Front-1700x637.png

Back