More per CD? (Part 2)

Monkey

Cabin boy
People quit responding, so here's the last thing I wrote... :)
------
Grizzly, I appreciate the info, but could you give me a few words on the memory and stuff the page refers to? Do you think my problem is related to the virtual memory etc that it mentions? How? Like I said I have a lot of RAM so if I can take advantage of that fact in any way it would be great... sorry I don't know much about this, but if you can give me a clue I think I could make a lot more use of that page... sorry and thanks.

DrStawl, I mostly have the problem with audio stuff, but also if I try to burn a lot of files onto a CDR. I was able to burn a good bit of my .wav collection onto a CD-RW not long ago, though, and I wondered if that had anything to do with whether the laser can be interrrupted on a CD-RW... I have the same problem regardless of whether I'm trying to do it at high speeds or just at 1x. I've also tried other software besides Nero...

About that "buffer underrun" thing. A computer guru friend mentioned that. I don't know what that means or how to check if it's happening but he said something about the order in which the drive was connected on the cable inside the computer. Later he said he didn't think that was it but I don't know why or how to tell. He said my drive should be the slave drive of the hard drive. Is this right? How can I make sure it is set up that way if so? (Am I asking too many questions??)

That buffer under-run occurs when your HD can't provide data to the CDR fast enough. Of course it's not just your HD, but the whole system with your HD as the main culprit. EZ CD Creator gives you a specific error message when this happens; doesn't help you though- you've just burned a coaster when you're reading that message.
As to the Master/ Slave issue; just make sure that the jumper settings on the back of the drive match the position in the system for that drive. That's that "order of connection" deal you were talking about.

Back