Mopho!

Bulls Hit

I got hold of a 2nd hand Mopho synth just before lockdown started so I've been learning how to drive it and messing about with the presets. Compared to my other toys this is probably my first grown-up synth. On this jam I'm trying to get it to sit with some guitar but it's very harmonically rich right across the spectrum..

Dropbox - MophoMix2.mp3 - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Some cool sounds from the synth there...I also really liked the way some of the guitars were breaking up...which vst was applied? Mix pretty sound although the panning begun mid way through was a little rough, though perhaps intentionally?

Mark

Some cool sounds from the synth there...I also really liked the way some of the guitars were breaking up...which vst was applied? Mix pretty sound although the panning begun mid way through was a little rough, though perhaps intentionally?

Mark

I didn't use a vst on the guitars, just reversed a couple of sections which somehow gave it that breakup effect. heh that rough panning is just 2 takes panned either side but I was experimenting with the aftertouch which is probably why its wobbling around. Thanks for the feedback Mark

It's nice and thick (that's what she said!)...sounds pretty good to my ears on cans. Everything seems to be clear of each other...great job.

The guitar seems to cut through the synth when it needs to.
You're right tho. That synth takes up a LOT of space!

I look forward to seeing what else you do with this.

The drums sound real, kept me interested.
Electro stuff always sounds good as in audiophile way.

Wow. That synth sure chews up a lot of real estate.

As a listener though, I was happy to hear it dominate the way it does. A great, big sound. Drums were awesome as usual. No complaints here. Nice job.

Ha!! Crazy phat!! Sounded like you were having fun.

The Texas reference was appreciated. I bet you didn't even know you had a reference to Texas football in there. :):listeningmusic:

As a listener though, I was happy to hear it dominate the way it does. A great, big sound. Drums were awesome as usual. No complaints here. Nice job.

You two could start a "synths that take up all the real estate" club! :D

Yeah nice and "growley" synths...love it! Cool groove, great panning, stereo spread , sounds huge on the system Im listening on , kind of a QOTSA , Them Crooked Vultures Vibe which I really dig.....cool!

Awesome groove to start the tune, that's a nice big bass sound to match your drums. Very powerful once the drums kick in. The change lost momentum when the tremolo didn't match tempo, or the part seems unsure, imo. Cool guitarry sound not sure what it is lol, but sounds chopped, cool sound. The next part i was singing "ive been workin on the railroad, all the livelong day" for some reason. Seems like another element there might make it more interesting?? Anyway the mix sounds great, that synth sound and your drums has alot of possibility. Also had to say a real distorted bass part matching that first riff would sound extra prima good. Imo.

The guitar seems to cut through the synth when it needs to.
You're right tho. That synth takes up a LOT of space!

I look forward to seeing what else you do with this.

Ok that's good. Sound like the savage eq cuts on the synth did the job. Cheers Steve

The drums sound real, kept me interested.
Electro stuff always sounds good as in audiophile way.

Yep the drums are real. Audiophile is a bit of a stretch though. More audiolofi :D

Thanks Heat. Domination is the name of the game :)

Ha!! Crazy phat!! Sounded like you were having fun.

The Texas reference was appreciated. I bet you didn't even know you had a reference to Texas football in there. :):listeningmusic:

Cheers Chili. And no, I have no idea about the football reference. The Cowboys are the only Texan team I know

Yeah nice and "growley" synths...love it! Cool groove, great panning, stereo spread , sounds huge on the system Im listening on , kind of a QOTSA , Them Crooked Vultures Vibe which I really dig.....cool!

Hey strat thanks for the listen, appreciate the comments

Stratomaster
Awesome groove to start the tune, that's a nice big bass sound to match your drums. Very powerful once the drums kick in. The change lost momentum when the tremolo didn't match tempo, or the part seems unsure, imo. Cool guitarry sound not sure what it is lol, but sounds chopped, cool sound. The next part i was singing "ive been workin on the railroad, all the livelong day" for some reason. Seems like another element there might make it more interesting?? Anyway the mix sounds great, that synth sound and your drums has alot of possibility. Also had to say a real distorted bass part matching that first riff would sound extra prima good. Imo.

Yeah I totally agree about the lost momentum part. I think everyone else was too polite to mention it. That patch has a slow attack which I didn't adjust to well when jamming with it and it bugs me so I'll redo that. You got some good production ideas there, thanks for the feedback!

Back