Monitor

gamba

Hey guys, I am most likely going to upgrade my entire system from an iMac to a MacBook Pro but I would really like anyone’s insight on what external monitor I should look into.

I plan on using it for Logic Pro and mainly because the 13” screen on the MacBook Pro is too small.

Just MO but you don't need high res for music production so anything will work. I use a 24" HP monitor that was given to me for free and does just what I need.

... Touch screen is also the option that many use ,
because more friendly , direct and fast , for DAW controls .

Our TV set got trashed by my wife when she wrenched out the antenna socket, and that is really nice as a monitor. I'm using an iMac in my video studio and with an extra big monitor that works really well? Is yours not up to it?

I'm using a lo-res 22" Acer via VGA port on my desktop. Got it free 11 years ago and it keeps on ticking. Whenever I get around to upgrading my main TV, I'll switch in my current Samsung 27" as a new PC monitor - not because it's larger, because these old eyes could stand some higher res and I'll be able to cast from my laptop.

i use up to 3 monitors .. once a mix is set up i hate re sizing / moving stuff ... 1 x 72 cm center monitor ( main daw ) , 1 x 55 cm ( midas m32 mixer ) 1 x 45 cm off to the left side for plug ins and pop ups.

I like the Samsung range personally but i got an el cheapo Bauhn 72 cm and its fine.

Back