Monitor Stands recommendations for 8” Speakers

Argos

Hi,

I’m upgrading to KRK Rokit 8 G4 monitors. These are spec’d as width 10.47” and depth 12.17”.

Virtually all the monitor stands I’ve browsed for have a top plate that is typically 9” square (occasionally 10” square). Do people generally use stands with these sort of sizes for 8” monitors, i.e. not worry about an inch or two of overhang? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Argos.

I tried a couple of commercial stands that ended up not at the height I wanted even with a single. My solution ended up being something assembled from concrete block products from Home Depot. A lot of different sizes made for a few options. I used a tack putty in between blocks, base and top. A much more stable option for me. Only drawback was the 3 flights of stairs I had to carry them up.
stand_01.jpg
stand_02.jpg
stand_03.jpg
stand_04.jpgstand_05.jpg

I followed a recommendation from @jimmys69 and also used concrete cinder blocks (Home Depot 16x8x8). I don't have any problem with them shifting about, but I did add a layer of non-skid shelf liner material to the top, just to keep the monitors stable and protect their finish.

block stand 1.jpg

block stand 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, love the creative, industrial solutions. And probably cheaper than metal stands as well – off to the building store I go then!

I followed a recommendation from @jimmys69 and also used concrete cinder blocks (Home Depot 16x8x8). I don't have any problem with them shifting about, but I did add a layer of non-skid shelf liner material to the top, just to keep the monitors stable and protect their finish.

View attachment 112447

View attachment 112450
Gotta love the extra space for your crap too! That could also apply to the latrine desk.. :)

I've adjusted my listening position recently and am going to get 2 more blocks so's I can lay 1 each on it's side atop the current stack. That'll raise them up another 8" - level with my ears.

Back