Monitor problems

soswavy360

Hello I am having a problem with Samson media one m50 powered monitors. I only have sound through headphones so I know the amp is still good. Can anyone please help me with the problem? From what I read this is a normal problem of this brand but the fix I found was for the Bluetooth version m50bt I have the normal version so the connector is different. They say to ground out the headphone, to defeat the mute? Can anyone help thanks

You mean that plugging in headphones works fine but pulling out the plug doesn’t restore the speaker path? Well as both channels go through the headphone connector if the switch contacts there were faulty you’d normally get crackles and then probably on channel ok and the other dead. This suggests that maybe the power amp comes after the headphone stage and has really died. In this case you need some electronics skills to dismantle it, fault find and fix. ‘Grounding out’ is a bit er, odd as a description but I suspect they mean shorting out dodgy contacts but your problem could be different. If you know what you’re doing it’s a legitimate technique

You mean that plugging in headphones works fine but pulling out the plug doesn’t restore the speaker path? Well as both channels go through the headphone connector if the switch contacts there were faulty you’d normally get crackles and then probably on channel ok and the other dead. This suggests that maybe the power amp comes after the headphone stage and has really died. In this case you need some electronics skills to dismantle it, fault find and fix. ‘Grounding out’ is a bit er, odd as a description but I suspect they mean shorting out dodgy contacts but your problem could be different. If you know what you’re doing it’s a legitimate technique
Ok so I have no experience so my terms are probably horrible for you guy! I'm not getting any sound from the speaker when I have input plugged in. Sound only through headphones. I have no tools to diagnose. Can I go directly to the legs of the chip for input to see if it plays through speaker? It's still heating the heat sink as if it's working or would it still heat up if it was dead. I need the most diy fixes possible given my situation. Thanks in advance

Back